Friday, May 18, 2012

Brief Note on May 17, 2012, Advisory Committee Meeting

Thanks to everyone who attended the May 17th meeting.  We had quite a few new faces, and some good discussion.  I won't be ready to post the notes until some time next week.  Additionally, based on some discussion, we already saw some issues with some areas of the initial performance frameworks.  I will be putting my head down and trying to address those, hopefully before I begin the meetings throughout the District over the next couple weeks.

In order to ensure one more meeting before the school year ends, I will have one more Advisory Committee Meeting during mid-June.  This meeting will be held at the Beaudry Building from 3:30 - 5:00 p.m. on the selected date. Please go the survey and indicate your date preferences.

Thanks for your interest in this work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very interested in hearing what issues were addressed in the meeting. One of the issues I saw is that some of the effectiveness descriptions may begin to violate job classifications. Since many of our job classifications are based on 19th century organizational sturctures, will a potential outcome of this project be a major revamping of the classified job framework?

HeidiH said...

We are working on making the descriptions applicable. What you may have seen are just some initial words that I put on the page that would lead to discussion. I'm not sure what you mean by classified job framework.