Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Advisory Committee Meeting - March 26, 2012 - Recap


We held a Supporting All Employees - Classified Advisory Committee Meeting on Monday, March 26, at 3:30 p.m. at District headquarters.  Click on these links to find the agenda and presentation materials.  The primary purpose of this meeting was to organize the list of competencies that we have gathered over the course of the last few months.  We had asked various groups (including readers of this blog) to provide input regarding those competencies that all classified employees should possess for successful performance as an LAUSD employee.  We had quite a number of competencies, many of which overlapped or varied only slightly.  The committee worked to organize the list, determine whether the list was complete, and eliminate any competencies that would not be readily understandable by everyone without having to read the definition.  The group organized the competencies by header/title, sub-categories, and terms to use in the definition.  You can find the result in these editable notes.  Please take some time to look at the list and indicate whether you agree or not, and any thoughts or suggestions that you have that clarify the information.

Over the course of the next month, I will begin to define the various parts of these competency lists.  I will work on one of the 7 competency areas at a time and post as I go.  I encourage your involvement in the process.

4 comments:

Adriana Salazar said...

Heidi - I'm having trouble finding the notes you referred to; is there something I am not doing? I feel I may be one of those techie challenged people you referred to in your survey.

Anonymous said...

While I applaud your desire to create a practical list of competencies for classified employees, I believe the larger issue of job loss and transfer of bargaining unit work is of greater importance at this time. The employees who most directly interact with students and support student achievement are being replaced or laid off.

HeidiH said...

Our next meeting will probably take place the week of May 14. I will post some materials, as well as a link to a survey for best meeting date during that week. That should happen some day this week.

Anonymous said...

When is your next meeting in the San Fernando Valley I have been with the district for 31 years and I have a lot of questions